Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Leah May!!!

What a privilege it is to have a small part in an amazing life!!
Here's Leah's big brother giving her help with her candles!!???
This is the birthday party crew. They're ice skating and having gobbs of fun. This little party takes about an hour to drive to so most of the fun is in the car on the way there and home too.
Lunch at Sonic's after two and a half hours of skating.
Now a little stroll down memory lane.
Leah's "candy-begging" costume. She did it all herself, wig, eyelashes, wings and all.
Jacob visiting Leah at PE.
Sitting on the front porch of Grandma's beautiful home in Odessa, TX.
Her favorite chickens. We had to get rid of them and she was so sad.
Sitting pretty in the window at our old house in Las Vegas.
Swimming with Sissy in Uncle Mark and Aunt Debbie's pool.
Playing with all of Sissy's stuffed animals.
Playing in the water after the rain.
This is absolutely the funniest thing Leah did.
I had thrown away all of her bottles, rings, and nipples since she was old enough to drink from a cup "like a big girl". I had finished cleaning the kitchen and was in the living room and out of sight. Leah must have walked by the garbage can and saw all those precious bottles in there. She was just tall enough to see over the top. By the time I had made my way back to the kitchen she was having a ball with all those lost treasures. She tried to pick them all up at the same time, putting all the nipples in her mouth that she could.
My very self confident toddler :)

6 comments:

Beth said...

Happy B-day

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Birthday, Leah! I enjoyed seeing all of the nice pictures that your Mommy posted! I hope that you had wonderful day...it looks like you did!

We love and miss your family.

Eileen said...

Hi Libby, I am not online much any more and I don't get to very often check my Freind's Blogs. But I had the opportunity at this moment and checked yours. I love your back ground, it is so pretty.
As I was looking at it I noticed Jacob. I work with him in the Cafeteria, he works so hard. He is a great worker.
I am starting to learn some of the kids that come in each day.
Just wanted to share that with you I pray all is going well with you.
May the Lord Bless you!

Scott and Libby said...

Wozers Gram-Gram Eileen!!
Thank you so much for lifting this tired Mommy's heart today. It is so encouraging to hear how Jacob is working hard. If you need to know names Jacob IS a good one to ask, he seems to know everyone at the school.

Blessings

sherryldickinson said...

Hey Libby! I love this new post! Leah Mae is one vivacious little Miss Muffet! She has sure added spice to your entire family since she arrived on the scene. For supposing to be mentally impared before she was born, she has proved the medical world entirely wrong. Jesus really answered prayer in your behalf in her life!
We miss you but love this blog so we can see what is going on in your lives in beautiful Florida. Love, Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Libby. I love what you've done on your blogs to honor your loved ones on their birthdays. Tell Scott he looks pretty good all cleaned up -- in the picture you took of him all dressed up is the first time I've seen a picture of him dressed up. But, then, all the Sutherland men are handsome so tell him not to get the big head! LOL

Sherry's sis-in-law,
Ellen

A Baby's Prayer