Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My New Year

But first a couple of pictures of Christmas Eve, which was our Christmas Day since Jacob was leaving. I was not in the wrapping mood this year (or any other year for that matter) so I had mentioned a treasure hunt. I don't know where my brain had taken a vacation to at that moment. You see I happened to mention that in front of Leah (my "never-run-out-of-energy" child) and she was thrilled. By the time it came to actually do the work of trying to figure out riddles and hiding places I was WAY not in the mood for that. Leah was OK with that because it meant she could do all the "fun" work. Let me tell you she did a wonderful job too. The only problem was that she was kind of tired (no I didn't say weepy) and it was not exactly as she had planned. She did such a good job that Scott and Jacob had to get into the fun. That can be dangerous to a very weepy (I mean tired) little sister. We had one or two little mishaps with the clues, but recovered and had great fun finding Rachel's Christmas present.

Scott and Jacob after they had been banished from playing in the treasure hunt.

Jacob saying sorry to Leah after blurting out a clue that Rachel didn't hear anyway. ;)

Scott, just before he was ousted.

Leah feeling better.
Rachel reading her last clue before finding her new stereo.
Last but not least Scott and Jacob playing. ;)



Wow another new year! God is good, His mercies are renewed each morning, each week, each month and each new year. What would you like to resolve this year? I think I just want to simplify my life. I don't want to think of bills, dirty dishes, laundry or bathrooms. I don't want to have to think of alarm clocks, schedules, mopping my floor (which I'm not good at anyway), or going to work everyday. Well since that will not be possible this side of Heaven I think I'll try something a little more realistic. I want to spend more time with God this year. I want to renew my mind on His word and His promises. I want to tell my family (all of my family) how much I love them as much as possible.

I see tons of people each and every day. Most of them are without peace and hope. I would like to be a shining example of God's love. I want them to know that if He can love me after I've broken ALL of his commandments that He can love them too. I want to show them that loving God is so much better than the things they have to give up; like bitterness, loneliness, selfishness and bad attitudes or behaviors. Add secrets to that list. Telling my story (which I didn't do for over 20 years) is very hard and I would rather not do it most times, but each time I do God blesses me. He is glorified for sure, because my part in that little bit of history is the bad part. When people see the way I am now (which is ALL God's doing) and hear me tell my story, His power is evident in their faces. His seed of love and grace is planted. The wonder of grace is in their eyes. I am so blessed to be a witness to that. I'll say it again God IS good!

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Aunt Libby, LOVE that adorable picture of you and U. Scott on your blog.
Enjoyed catching up on your blog and seeing the neat pics of your Christmas! Your house looked so pretty all decorated for Christmas!
Nice that Jacob gets to visit Taiwan.
We love and miss y'all tons! Hugs from Colombia. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Libby. I love the picture of you and Scott on your blog.

Christmas at your house sounds like a hoot--what a novel idea a treasure hunt is (I, too, dislike wrapping presents and waited until the very last minute and then Dan and I had a wrapping marathon, WHEW).

Hugs from Arkansas,
Ellen

sherryldickinson said...

Thank you for these nice Christmas day pictures. I was so excited when I saw on my Google Reader that Scott & Libby's Place had a new post on their blog!
I LOVE what you wrote on this post. I had tears well up in my eyes when I read about how Jesus has changed your life and made you happy in Him. I cannot express how grateful I am to Jesus for bringing Scott & you to Him. It is among my very highest joys in life to have this be a reality. Thank you for serving Jesus. It means so much to me. Love,
Sherry (& Bud) in Phoenix

Keith and Crystal said...

Libby, I am SO ashamed!!! I was looking over past blogs that I had posted and reading the comments and Lo and Behold, I found a comment that you left in SEPTEMBER!!!! I totally overlooked that and I'm so sorry.

Thanks for stopping by our blog. I enjoyed reading yours, too. Your kids are growing up!!! You have a beautiful family.

Come by again sometime. :)

Crystal

A Baby's Prayer