Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Who Says Girls Can't Climb!!

We have a mall down here that has this floor to ceiling rock climbing tower right in front of Sears. Everytime we go Leah begs me to let her climb. I usually say no because I'm wanting to get in and get out of the mall. This day Leah, Rachel and I were there in the middle of the day so I wasn't rushed. She about jumped out of her skin when I gave her the $5 to go climbing. She got to go up twice. There are three sides to the tower, one easy, one medium hard and one very hard. On the hard one you win $100 if you can make it to the top and ring the bell. She didn't try that one on this trip, but is ready for when we ever go back to that mall.Now this mall is in some what of a lower income area of town so there were quite a few fellows hanging around during the middle of the day. It was quite funny when this little skinny white girl made it all the way up to the top, not just once but twice. The lady at the cash register was busy for some time after we left with all those men trying to out do my little Leah May!!

Not only did she do better than all those strong men, she did it in a long skirt with long hair!!
Ok, so this picture was not supposed to be in this post, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to delete it out of the post. Rachel and I were playing around taking pictures and this is in the same file with Leah's rock climb. So you can see what this old, tired, over-worked postal lady looks like when she gets home from work.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Hello again, thanks for the comment on my blog. Didn't get a chance to see you Sunday, had to get out of church quickly. Slipped out a side door, had to gett grandsons from Jr Church. Sorry if you were looking for me. By the way I think that picture was grate of you not bad at all. That was cool that your daughter was able to out climb and challenged the men.

sherryldickinson said...

I am happy that you weren't able to delete your picture!! It was fun to see your new post on Leah May at the Mall. In one picture where you can't see Leah's face, she reminds me exactly of how Rachel used to look - her body profile. Thank you for taking time to post this for us. We love you guys. Sherry & Bud in Phx

Eileen said...

It was good to meet you this morning. It would be nice to keep in touch. Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Scott and Libby said...

Thanks Eileen,
It was really good to meet you too!!

A Baby's Prayer