Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Man

This post is for Johnny Dale (and the rest of the Sutherland siblings). When Johnny made a funny about Scott not being in any of the pictures on our blog I was sure he was wrong. So I looked and looked and looked, but found no Scotty. Thus this post.

It was quit a challenge to get a picture of him when he is not in his underwear. So I purposed to rise to the occasion and this is the result. Sunday's can be super hard for us to stop Scott long enough to take pictures, but this past Sunday I got him stopped long enough to snap this one in front of the tree that shades our front door. Look-see he's all dressed up.

Being silly in front of the computer. Believe you-me that is not the time to sneak a picture! Usually he is intense while either trying to read the news, write emails (with one finger), or playing his game that he likes.

Tiling our floor!!! He is sooooo talented. Not only did he make me a beautiful kitchen, he has tiled the whole house, except the bedrooms and bathrooms. We plan to get carpet for the bedrooms and totally redo the bathrooms. This project was done in June when it is exceptionally hot and humid here in So. Florida. If you look at the windows you 'll see they are open. We had some very hot days in this old house while Scott was tiling the floor. Thankfully we could close up everything and turn the AC on at night.
After a week of being in this position Scott's poor back hurt for days and days.

This is the rooster we had in our backyard for a while. He ruled over about four hens and any other female who dared to enter our backyard. It was great fun for Scott to watch that stupid rooster chase us girls. We had him for about a year or two until Martin County (the county we live in) gave us notice that we had 10 days to get rid of them. Our whole family was sad that we had to get rid of the chickens.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Love your new background ;-) It was nice seeing some pic. of U. Scott..lol

Love you all
Michael, Beth, Isaiah and Baby ;-)

Uncle John said...

testing

Uncle John said...

Making sure that this stupid comment would post before I pecked my heart out. I am amazed each time this works.thank you for the pictures. And before I forget,happy birthday Scotty!! That WILL be your b-day greeting/gift so enjoy. The weather is cooling abit here in the high desert,65 at night,very nice. Do you remember Tom Delaney? The biker doc you met in S.D. He will be here tomorrow,we are goinmg to a chopper fest in Cottonwood ,Az on Friday. Mark & Debbie are coming also. Adios, Brother John

The Dickinsons said...

Love the new background...cute! Loved this post about U. Scott... he makes me laugh! You are right, your man is talented...Your house is looking sooo nice!!

About your comment on my blog about brownies and bread...and NO Barley Green...if we all lived off of brownies and bread (And no healthy things like Barley green)...we would be too fat to walk and all end up in the nursing home. Hee! Hee! =D

Our kids are still enjoying the goodies that y'all sent them in the box last Christmas...Thanks again tons! We love and miss y'all!

The Dickinsons said...

We laughed at U. John's hilarious comments! He's crazy!

sherryldickinson said...

Hey! Hey! Hey! (as Uncle Dan D says) I AM HAPPY to see this post of my brother, Scott. It makes me want to post a post on my blog for his birthday but I have no pictures of him, and I don't know how to scan old pictures from the photo album. He sure looks like Uncle Danny Henderson in his pictures, these days, and especially with his beard. Happy Birthday, Scott! I love you so much, and am happy that you are my brother. I have the best brothers in the world! Love, Your BIG sis, Sherry

The Dickinsons said...

Yes, Aunt Libby...Elijah is so smart that he is already taking pictures at 4 months old. Hee! Hee!

No, we set our camera up on the special setting to take the picture of our family, so the "camera" took the picture all by itself. =) We love y'all.

Allana Martian said...

Libby,
Thanks for your comment! I enjoyed checking out your blog. :-) You know, just making sure that your content is pure. (just joking, of course) I always enjoy your and Scott's testimonies. They always ring true and sincere.

You are LUCKY to have a handyman! The floors look absolutely beautiful. Now I know who to call when we can afford to do some remodeling of our own!

A Baby's Prayer