Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Scott's Birthday

Can you believe it!!??? Scott is 45 today!!

The girls decorated our car this morning before church and this is how Scott and I drove to church. It was so much fun!! The best part of the ride was before he got into the car. Scott is REALLY not into advertising and would much rather ride around incognito and not even mention his birthday. So he was ready to breeze through church without being notice, race home and have a nice quiet dinner of tacos with the family and relax. But that was not to be.

As soon as he saw the writing on the car he said "I'm taking the truck." At that we all laughed until we cried. The girls had also framed the front windshield on the driver's side so there would be no mistaking just who "dad" was. It was a hoot! I laughed all the way to church.

We did have tacos that Rachel and Leah prepared. They were super yummy! Then we had Scott's favorite for dessert, pecan pie. The girls had bought candles and put them on the pie and we sang Happy Birthday. Leah loves pranks, so half of the candles were the kind that will not blow out. We had to charge the batteries for the camera or I would have loved to post a picture of this very small pie with 45 candles that would not blow out.

I am so looking forward to spending many, many more birthdays with my wonderful husband and friend.

1 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Donna Lee and I discussed Scott's birthday on the phone this morning. She thought of Scott on Sunday but was too sick to get on the computer. I was so tired, I took my Sunday afternoon nap, and forgot all about Scott. I am waiting for the pictures to load in the post below this one. I am glad Scott had a good 45th birthday. I can't believe we're getting OLD! Love, Sherry

A Baby's Prayer