Precious Feet from Heritage House 76

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Our Chickens and Pineapple:)


Believe it or not that is Jacob sitting with Leah on the "ugly" side of our house. We planted a couple of pineapple tops there. They actually grew pineapples. I was so amazed. The first was yellow and this little one is red. They take at least 2 to 3 years to grow big enough to make fruit, for me anyway. Jacob just started a new job this week as a diesel mechanic. This picture was taken when he stopped by just after work to tell us about his day.

Leah holding Whitey our one and only female chicken, we think. The baby chickens are still to small to tell if they are male or female, but we have a feeling, by the way they act, that they are all male. Boy are our neighbors going to love us at sunrise!




Our little baby chickens. And yes they all have names. It will be extra hard to have chicken soup with a name.
This is Rudy our rooster. Oh my! is he funny to watch. He is scared of his own shadow most times and runs so funny. He loves to play the bully with the baby chickens and chase them all over the place. I think it makes him feel all grown up or something.
Since Scott hurt his shoulder and can't work for a while and my job changed my hours to nights we are both home during the day. My body hasn't adjusted to sleeping during the day (I don't think we are meant to sleep during the day:) ) so Scott and I are convalescing and have time to "watch chickens" and visit with each other. Practice for when our kids are grown, I guess. I think I'm going to like that season of my life.


6 comments:

Beth said...

Well, You have a nice collection of chickens. It is fun to watch animal play and stuff. Oh just to let you know I feed Rudy. lol Love looking at your blog. Sorry Uncle Scott hurt his shoulder. Hope he gets better soon.
Love
Beth

The Dickinsons said...

U. Scott & A. Libby, So good to see pics of you all and your children and read of what is going on in your lives. Tell Jacob, Rachel, and Leah hello and that we miss them. Love, Phillip Dickinson

The Dickinsons said...

Cute pics...yummy pineapples, and funny chickens. =) My brother Lincoln LOVES chickens and has about 29 or more. HIS POOR NEIGHBORS...but thankfully they live in the country! =)

We love and miss y'all tons...sorry about U. Scott's shoulder!

Love, Heather

sherryldickinson said...

Jacob is the most "laid back" "pot of honey" that I know. He is one sweet man, for sure. And to think the doctors told you before she was born that Leah would be mentally lacking. Jesus sure worked a miracle in that depressing diagnosis. You guys have three very dear children, as far as I am concerned. All of them are wonderful to this Aunt Sherry's heart. Love you guys!
Aunt Sherry/Uncle Bud

Amy said...

AHH my children would love to have a chicken, but I am sure my neigbors would not. Dogs are bad enough at night lol, we don't have any of those either but our neighbors do (maybe I should get some chickens). All though we do have a cat and she loves to scratch at the back door in the middle of the nigth ;(
Looks like your little girl loves her pets.

Amy (Beth's Twin)

Leora Schenck said...

Scott and Libby! I'm so glad I found your blog! How are you doing? We miss you guys and think about you often and are always glad to see you in the church web pics! Keep in Touch!

Leora

A Baby's Prayer